Dr Siphiwe Mndaweni is the Chief Executive Officer of the Office of Health Standards Compliance. Her career and leadership journey are imbued and manifest in a number of entities she has worked for.
Her professional accomplishments include the establishment and implementation and management of the HIV, TB, Child and Maternal Health Programmes. Policy development and quality improvement in TB and MDR-TB programmes. She has a wealth of experience in program implementation and worked in several African countries she supported.
Dr Mndaweni’s previous roles and positions include amongst others:
- Deputy Director-General: District Health Services, KwaZulu-Natal, Department of Health,
- Chief Director: Strategic Health Programmes, KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health,
- Chief of Party, of the National TB Programme with the University Research Council, USAID TB Programme,
- Technical Advisor in TB and MDR-TB in South Africa and SADC countries, including Lesotho, ESwatini and Botswana.
- Deputy Chief of Party of the Right to Care EQUIP Programme supporting Malawi and Mozambique.
She holds the following qualifications:
- BA Degree in Biology (Knox College, Illinois, USA)
- Master of Science in Microbiology (Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University previously Medunsa)
- MBCHB (Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, previously Medunsa)
- Master’s in Public Health (University of Pretoria)
- Management Development for Healthcare Professionals (Wits Business School and Duke University)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Systems Management and Executive Leadership (University of Pretoria).